Install Doorbell Camera
mounting and installation of your doorbell camera
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
The article will guide you through the mounting/installation of your doorbell camera. To download and add the camera to the Alder App wait until step #2 in "Before you Begin" section
What's in the Box
Before you begin
Charge and Insert Batteries
- Charge battery with a micro USB cable and power adapter. The indicator light will begin to flash while charging and turn green once its fully charged
- Remove Protective Cover- Press down with your thumbs and pull back the protective cover
- Insert Battery- Push the battery into the battery compartment as shown. The light will flash yellow and say "waiting to connect". You can then proceed to the next step
- Add the camera to the Alder app. For instruction click here
*Please make sure the power for the doorbell is switched off before you begin!
1. Remove Existing Doorbell: If you have an existing doorbell, remove the existing doorbell and disconnect the wires.
2. Door Chime Setup: There are two options for doorbell replacement installation
- Electronic - An electronic doorbell chime plays pre-recorded digital tones through an electronic speaker and often has a selection of different tones you can choose from
- Mechanical - a mechanical chime creates its sound by using a physical bell and a mechanical hammer and makes a traditional "ding-dong" sound.
Choose installation option 1 or 2 for doorbell replacement installation:
Electronic Doorbell Setup: Diode Installation
If you want to connect your doorbell to an existing electronic bell you will need to install the Diode. DO NOT install a diode if you are using a Mechanical doorbell. This will damage the existing doorbell
- If you want to connect your doorbell to an existing electronic bell you will need to install the Diode. DO NOT install a diode if you are using a Mechanical doorbell. This will damage the existing doorbell
Mechanical Doorbell Setup: Installing the included chime connector will ensure a stable power supply to your doorbell and prevent the mechanical doorbell from buzzing.
- Install the chime connector if you wish the mechanical chime to ring when your doorbell is pressed. Simply connect both of the chime connector wires to the existing wires on your doorbell (they are universal so can be connected to either terminal. (see option #1)
If you do not wish to have the mechanical doorbell make a sound anymore simply disconnect the existing wires from the doorbell and wire nut them together (see option #2). Note: doing this will not affect the Alder doorbell chime
3. Backplate Installation
- Height and Distance: the optimal capture range is 0-12 feet. We recommend you install the doorbell at a height of 4 feet to ensure the ground of your front door area can be captured.
- Installation Angle: Your Doorbell Camera comes with three different backplates (flat, lateral, and vertical) that will allow you to place your camera at your desired angle
- Screw-in Backplate: Mark holes using the appropriate backplate and screw (if wood) or drill holes (use wall anchors) into the wall
4. Connect Wires to Camera: Connect the wires coming out of the wall to the screws on the back of the doorbell (any wire can be connected to any screw). If necessary, use the included extension wires
5. Attach the camera to the backplate: Feed all wires and nuts into the wall and use the four screws to secure your doorbell to the wall
6. Attach Doorbell Cover: Reattach the protective cover and use the mounting screw to secure the camera
7. Turn on Power: please with the power back ON and test the connection of your cameras. If the indicator light is white the camera is working