Mounting Outdoor Camera
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
This article will guide you on mounting your outdoor camera
- Ensure you have first paired your outdoor camera with the Alder App. Click here for instructions.
- If you require to get on a ladder or step stool to install the camera high up, please have a second person stabilize the item you will be standing on. We are not responsible for any injuries or damage done to the property or self. If you feel uncomfortable installing the camera yourself, there are 3rd party contractor services that would be willing to install it. We do not have any licensed technicians to install the camera.
Steps to Install: Use the provided anchors and screws to mount the wall mount base. If the wall is wooden, you can screw the mount directly.
- Use the provided anchors and screws to mount the wall mount base.
- If the wall is wooden, you can screw the mount directly.
- Make sure the correct side of the wall mount base faces the wall. Attach your camera to the camera base and secure it by rotating clockwise.
- Screw the camera on to the base of the mount by twisting the camera onto the screw in a clockwise motion.
- Adjust the camera's view angle to your preferred position.
While mounting, pay attention to the following:
- Avoid installing the camera with the camera lens facing direct sunlight.
- Mind any plants or objects that may obstruct the view.
- We suggest you mount the camera within a 33 foot (10meter) range of your Wi-Fi router. The shorter the distance between your Wi-Fi router and your camera,the better the performance of your camera.
- If you do not want to mount your camera to a wall,use the included camera stand to place your camera anywhere.